Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Compliance Is
Now Required With Every Search For Non-Public Information.
To ensure compliance with the privacy
provisions of the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act - Public Law 106-102, Title V, Privacy
(GLB Act), and the subsequent
regulations adopted by the Federal Trade Commission, which went into effect July
01, 2001, search requests for " non-public information"* must include a
"Permissible Purpose" confirming the legality of the search requested.
information, as defined by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, includes a consumers
name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and any
other information that was derived from any sort of application or form wherein
the consumer provided such information to a financial institution. The GLB Act
provides that the following institutions, and others, are considered financial
institutions: insurance companies, banks, lending institutions, consumer
reporting agencies such as credit bureaus, etc.. For practical purposes as
applicable to our service, virtually all consumer information that is obtained
from these sources may be considered non-public information, and is therefore
controlled by the GLB Act.
FOR RELEASING NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION
In compliance with the GLB Act, non-public information may be obtained for the
*Misrepresenting your permissible purpose to obtain non-public
information is a violation of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and other federal and
- Collection Activity -- For use as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a
transaction requested or authorized by the consumer, including location of an
collection of a delinquent account.
- Legal, Normal Business Use -- For any use permitted or otherwise not
restricted by law and which may reasonably be expected to be a part of the
normal course or scope of your business or profession, Including:
Child Support Enforcement, Finding Owners of Unclaimed Goods, Legal Process
Service, Locate Alumni - Class Reunions, Locate Beneficiaries and Heirs,
Locate Former Patients (Medical Industry Only), Locate Missing Persons.
- Risk Mgmt/Fraud Prevention/Detection -- For use to protect against or prevent actual
or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- Asset Identification -- For use that is in the legal
or beneficial interest relating to the consumer. (Cannot be used to
locate assets for determination as to whether or not to file a personal lawsuit
or judgment against the consumer.)
- Attorney or Law Firm Functions -- For use in complying with federal, state, or local laws, rules, and other applicable legal
- Claims Investigation -- For use for any of the following purposes as they relate to
consumer insurance: account administration, reporting, investigating, preventing
fraud or material misrepresentation, processing insurance claims, or as
otherwise required or specifically permitted under federal or state law.
- Court Related -- For use in complying with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or
regulatory investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local
- Due Diligence -- For use to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other
- Government Agency, Incl. Court (not Law Enforcement) -- For use by any government agency, or any officer, employee,
or agent of such agency in carrying out official government duties or
obligations by a federal, state, or local government agency.
Certification -- For use to protect against or prevent actual or potential
fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
Aaron's Research Services/CS Investigations
P.O. Box 25
Bethpage, New York 11714
Business Office: 516-822-2591
(Mon-Fri 9A to 5P Eastern)
FAX: 516-433-1727 (24hrs/7days)
General Info: email@example.com
For information concerning the Gramm-Leach- Bliley
Act, go to
Copyright ©Aaron's Research Services 1995 – 2012. All rights